Food Allergies & Sensitivities
Do you suffer from:
* Brain fog
* Low energy
* Skin disorders, e.g. Eczema
* Stomach bloating
* Food cravings
* Weight gain
* Decreased motivation
* Blocked sinus
* Constant colds or flu
There are various factors which can make you more sensitive to various foods. These may include:
- Exposure to an unfamiliar protein in the early months of life
- Repeated exposure to a food during times of stress and low immunity
- Poor digestion
- Compromised integrity or inflammation of the lining of the gastro-intestinal tract
- An immune system which is out of balance and responding inappropriately to various food stimuli.
If you are struggling with food sensitivities or allergies, it is therefore important that you are assessed on an individual basis, so that we can determine and help resolve the underlying cause.
Food Allergy Testing:
We can also request comprehensive diagnostic testing for you, to determine precisely which foods you are reacting to – they’re often not the ones you think! This is a more accurate alternative to elimination diets, which although useful, are not appropriate for everybody, as they can be time-consuming, inconclusive and stressful for the person concerned.
The comprehensive information provided by food allergy testing helps us design a dietary plan especially for you, to minimize adverse reactions, while ensuring you maintain good quality nutrition.
Please contact us for an individual assessment.
We are a holistic, naturopathic medicine clinic, established in West Auckland for over 20 years.